I had never heard of Pickleball until one day our company received an email from a delighted customer who told us that she loves wearing her HydroChic outfit while playing Pickleball.
Pickleball? I asked my colleagues. Is this a new game? No, said our youthful accountant in her 70’s – it’s been around for quite a while. Well, my curiosity was piqued and I decided to find out more.
Here are some of the highlights:
Pickleball was invented in the 1960s by 3 men who wanted to set up a badminton game for their families but could not find all the equipment needed….so they improvised!
- 2 or 4 players can play a game together
- The court is very much like a badminton court
- The server must use an underarm stroke
- Only the serving side can score a point
- The paddles used are solid ( wooden) racquets
- The ball used is similar to a Wiffle ball ( with lots of holes)
For details go to:
What I do know is that Pickleball is all the rage especially with the baby boomer generation but anyone of just about any age can play.
Hydrochicas seem to love the sport https://hydrochic.com/pages/pickleball and we love to see customers share pictures of themselves playing, why not share with other women a love of this sport?
It is always nice to find a new outdoor activity for the family, especially during Corona!