Swimming is a great physical fitness choice for people of all ages and provides a full-body workout that can be adapted to match any fitness level from beginner to athlete, including those of us who can’t bear the high impact and joint stress of running or jogging. Starting a swimming routine is also fun, challenging and provides endless forms of entertainment to keep us in the water. Whether you choose to swim laps or join an Aqua Zumba or water aerobics class, you can be sure that your time in the water will be well spent.
– Get the right swimsuit: Make sure you have a comfortable and durable swimsuit. HydroChic’s Ultra line is 100% Chlorine proof that will last longer and resist stretching and fading.
– Goggles: Protect your eyes and see your surroundings more clearly by wearing goggles. Goggles should fit snugly, yet still be comfortable.
– Consider swimming equipment such as fins, pull-buoy, kickboard, and hand paddles: These can all be added to your swimming routine for variety and for targeting different muscle groups.
– Start slowly and build: If you are a beginning swimmer, be sure to ease into the routine. Start with two or three days a week, and build your routine to include more days.
– Keep motivated: Swimming with a partner or joining a class at your local pool can help you stay motivated.
Follow these swimming tips and enjoy the effects of a healthy and fun exercise routine.